- His actual name is Justin, but these days only really answers to “Spence”. Years ago, on a surf trip at York Peninsula in SA, Justin was involved in a series of funny calamities (which is not out of the ordinary), so his friends rebadged him “Spence” after Frank Spencer from some Mothers Do ‘Ave ‘Em. That name has stuck like glue.
- He now calls the Gold Coast home, but was born and bred in South Australia. He moved to the Sunshine State when he was 23, chasing waves, work and good weather. Within days of moving north, he landed a job at Maritimo, helping to build one of the early 60 Cruising Motoryachts.
- Spence has completed a Shipwright apprenticeship with a small company in Adelaide, which built around one 50fter per year. His move to Maritimo blew this quota out of the water!
- When he started at Maritimo in 2004, they had only 30 employees. He worked in fit out, QC checks, then Warranty, giving him a great opportunity to see Australia and the Pacific. His next move was sales.
- As Sales Consultant for Maritimo Gold Coast, Spence has proven to be a valuable asset to the team, with clients appreciating his knowledge and expertise on every intricacy of Maritimo boats. He loves all things Maritimo – long range cruising coupled with great fuel economy, reliable time tested engineering and that they undisputedly “look the part”.
Spence in his earlier days doing some warranty work in The Whitsundays